Psychologist (B.S,B.A, Mpsych)
Lydia is a Registered Psychologist with a Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology and has many years’ experience working in both private practice and in educational environments. With an interest in;
- Sport and performance psychology
- Pregnancy (perinatal) and infant mental health
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD, Autism)
- Behavioural and social-emotional difficulties, and
- Depression and anxiety in adults, adolescents and children
Lydia works with all age groups and uses positive psychology, holistic, solution-focused approaches. Lydia is;
- a qualified Cognitive Behaviour Therapist (CBT)
- a qualified Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) practitioner
- has qualifications in Perinatal Mental Health (with the Centre for Perinatal Excellence), and
- has completed an intensive perinatal and infant mental health workshop with the
- Lydia is registered with the Australian Psychologist Board of Australia and the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Association (AHPRA).
Lydia has experience working as a Psychologist in Australia and overseas. She has worked in the public sector in education, in private educational settings as well as a number of other environments. Lydia has been working in private practice in Tasmania for many years in various locations.
In addition to working in private practice where she treats a wide variety of clients and their mental health concerns, Lydia also works in collaboration with the Tasmanian Institute of Sport, the Australian Institute of Sport and other local sporting organisations in a sport and performance psychology role. Lydia is a Tasmanian provider for the Australian Institute of Sport, Mental Health Referral Network, supporting elite athletes and their mental health.
Lydia now works from PSYCH2U in Battery Point where she sees client's for face to face appointments, and also offers online appointments for those in remote areas, or for those who cannot get into the clinic. Contact Lydia today for an appointment today.